At our church we believe that the Bible is God's inspired word and that Jesus is the Son of God.
After Indiana County entered the Green Phase on June 5th, 2020, the Grace Bible Chapel Board decided to continue all in-person events and services with several safety guidelines in place. These considerations were adapted from the available information on preventing COVID-19 distributed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The GBC COVID-19 safety strategies in use at our church include:
1. The Bible: We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired word, the source of all truth, infallible, complete from beginning to end, to be interpreted literally and not to be added to or taken away from. (2 Timothy 3:16 & 17 & Revelation 22:18-19).
2. God the Trinity: We believe that God is the Creator of all things, living and nonliving. (Genesis 1:1, John 1:3) We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (John 14:26) (Matthew 28:19).
3. Jesus Christ: We believe that God the Son, took on human flesh in the person of Jesus Christ, and offered Himself up as a payment for the world's sin; and that all who trusts in Him will know forgiveness of sin and eternal life. (John 3:16-17, 1 John 2:2 & 1 Timothy 2:3-4).
4. The Holy Spirit: We believe that God the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ; spiritually true believer. He gives us understanding, guidance and convicts the world of sin. The Holy Spirit also seals believers, is an assurance of our salvation and enables us to live a godly life. As believers, we are commanded not to grieve or quench the Holy Spirit. (John 16:7-14, Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, Galatians 5:22-23, Ephesians 4:30 & 1 Thessalonians 5:16-22).
5. Mankind and Salvation: We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam's sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and, that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition (Genesis 1:26-27 & Ephesians 2:1-3,12).
*We believe that we are deserving of an eternal life of punishment but, through faith in Christ, we are saved. This is freely given to those that believe in Him. (Romans 3:22-26 & Romans 6:23).
*We believe that we are saved only by God’s Grace and that we cannot perform any works or deeds to earn salvation. It is a free gift from God. (Ephesians 2:8-9).
*We believe that “positional sanctification” or justification takes place at the moment a person makes a contrite profession of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. From that moment on we are to become more like Christ daily and dedicate our lives to the Lord’s will. Sanctification is the process of becoming more holy throughout the life of the believer until death, or until Christ comes, at which time sanctification will be complete when we see Jesus Christ face to face. (Romans 12:1, 1 John 2:15-17, 1 Peter 1:13-16, 1 Thessalonians 5:23 & Colossians 3:8-11).
6. Christ’s Church: We believe that the Church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism made up of all true believers of this present age (Ephesians 1:22-23, Ephesians 5:25-27 & 1 Corinthians 12:12-14).
*We believe that the authority for the establishment and continuance of local assemblies is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures (Acts 14:27, Acts 20:28-32 & 1 Timothy 3).
7. Heaven and Hell: We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell. Heaven is the glorious home in which all of Christ's saints (true believers) will abide in the presence of God eternally. Hell is a place of great physical, mental, and emotional pain, and is the eternal residence of all who reject the authority of God and His Savior, Jesus Christ. (Revelation 4:1-11 & Revelation 20:14-15).
8. Spiritual Gifts: We believe that as followers in Christ, we are given spiritual gifts from God. God gives each believer different spiritual gifts according to His will, but for the common purpose of serving one Lord because as a believer in Christ, we are all of one Body (1 Corinthians 12:4-11).
*We believe that “speaking in tongues” and he “sign gifts” were used to authenticate the early church and gradually passed away as the New Testament was completed (1Corinthians 14:2, 1Corinthians14:21-22, 1 Corinthians 13:8).
9. Angels and Demons: We believe that Angels are created beings sent forth by God to minister to the saints (true believers) (Luke 4:10).
*We believe that Satan was a created angel who sinned, was judged and took many angels with him (Isaiah 14:12-15).
*The fallen angels are now in active opposition to God and His work in this world. Satan is the great enticer and deceiver, the accuser of the brethren, whose end, along with the other fallen angels, is the lake of fire (2 Peter 2:4 & Revelation 20:7-10).
10. Future Events: We believe in the rapture and that Jesus Christ will return again at the appointed time to gather His church. This event begins the Great Tribulation on earth which is to last seven years. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, John 14:1-4 & Romans 14:10-12).
* We believe that all believers in Christ will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ. We believe this takes place after the rapture ( 2 Corinthians 5:10).
11. Marriage and Family: We believe that God decreed marriage and family (Gen 2.18-25). Marriage is the union of one man, who was born as a male from physical birth, and one woman, who is born as a female from physical birth, for life (Gen 2.24; Mal 2:16; Mark 10.8-9. Because the Bible defines marriage so clearly, we reject any effort to redefine marriage as between two of the same gender (natural or changed) or involving animals, children or other things (Rom 1.18-32).
· We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography or any attempt to change one's sex, or disagreement with one's biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God.
· We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
· We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity.
· Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the church.